The Technology Services Group is responsible for providing a sound and robust technology infrastructure for our business and systems. The Network Security Operations Professional is responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network and network security infrastructure, and application components.
Responsible for network and network security activities. Configure and implement complex network solutions. Coordinates activities with other system areas and vendors, and deals with network security systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing. Provides advanced network security systems administration support for Check Point firewalls, Blue Coat proxies, F5 Big IP, Cisco switches, routers and ASA, InfoBlox IPAM/DNS/DHCP. Provides resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough and practical. Works under limited direction and independently determines and develops the best approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion for adequacy in satisfying objectives. Represents the organization as the principal customer contact on contracts and often takes on a project leadership role. Support 24×7 on-call rotations. Interacts with senior personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines. College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically has 5 – 7 years related experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, configure, administer and troubleshoot complex network environments consisting of, but not limited to, the following technologies:
- Check Point Firewalls – Gaia, VSX, Provider-1
- F5 BIG-IP – GTM, LTM, ASM, Viprion
- BlueCoat Web Proxies – ProxySG, ProxyAV, Director
- Infoblox IPAM/DNS/DHCP
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- Sourcefire IDS/IPS
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Must be able to provide expert troubleshooting for complex security, network, application and system issues.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking and WAN.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Support 24×7 On-call rotations.